Current available jobs in Communications:
Director of Communications
Objective: To enhance the Missouri Mavericks brand through communication utilizing online, print, and broadcast outlets.
Job Description & Essential Functions:
· Produce graphic content to be utilized on social media and web outlets.
o The majority of content is designed to meet ticket sales goals.
· Assist Director of Digital Content & Social Media to schedule and distribute content on Mavericks’ social media channels to ensure wide audience reach and high levels of interaction.
· Develop and maintain relationships with Kansas City-area media outlets with the ultimate goal of increasing team-specific coverage.
o Provide story pitches to media outlets.
o Coordinate media access to Hockey Operations Department and players for the purpose of conducting interviews for stories.
o Maintain and distribute game notes packet that provides relevant sports information that media may use while covering Mavericks games.
o Monitor and track media coverage of the Mavericks.
· Maintain current and accurent content on team webpage.
· Develop new and relevent content for team webpage for the sole purpose of increasing web traffic that will translate into increased ticket sales including pre-game and post-game e-mail blasts.
· Manage schedule and distribution of content on Mavericks mobile app to ensure users are active and engaged.
· Track website analytics to ensure web traffic is being delivered to the ticketing section of website.
· Act as liason between Hockey Operations and Front Office.
o Assist in scheduling video shoots to fulfill sponsor obligations and in-house content production.
o Assist in scheduling promotional appearances to fulfill sponsor obligations and community initiatives.
· Provide PR and media relations coverage for all home and away Mavericks games, as well as, hosting attending media during home games.
· Manage off-ice officials during the season.
This position is not a broadcasting position and thus candidates seeking a radio or TV broadcasting position need not apply.
- Proficient in Microsoft software
- At least 2 years of writing for a professional sports franchise
- Bachelors degree in Journalism/Communications preferred
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite?
2. Do you have at least 2 years of PR/Communications experience in sports?
3. Are you new to Hockey?
4. Do you want to be a broadcaster?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ