Current available jobs in Communications:
» Communications Intern - Adirondack Thunder (Glens Falls, NY)
» Digital Marketing Manager - Greenville Swamp Rabbits (Greenville, SC)
» Public Relations Game Night Intern - Manchester Monarchs (Manchester, NH)
Responsibilities - Note that this position would span during the summer months until the candidate would return to school for classes.
- Develop media contacts in the Glens Falls and surrounding areas as well as on relevant web platforms.
- Contribute to Adirondack Thunder official social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and any evolving platforms.
- Work with Director of Communications on developing and formatting game notes and publications for the upcoming season.
- Participate in the Thunder “Street Team”, which is used to promote the Thunder brand throughout the area. Involves representing the Thunder on official team functions at various events.
- Monitor and log all media coverage of the Thunder in print, radio, television, online or other forms of media.
- Create written feature stories for the website and contribute to video productions on Thunder page and social media.
- Maintain and track local and regional calendars of events to ensure that the Adirondack Thunder are present.
- Track, schedule and appear at community appearances to insert the Thunder in the community.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- This Internship is UNPAID. Applicants must be able to receive course credit.
- Undergraduate and Graduate students are both welcome to apply.
- All interns should have their own laptops.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Ability to multi task and handle different projects at the same time is essential.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Website Management and Video Editing is ideal.
- Previous content writing and editing experience with a student newspaper or other sports team is preferred.
• Assist with management of the press box during all game days.
• Write Game Previews and Recaps, along with feature stories for the Adirondack Thunder webpage and social media outlets.
• Assist with the creation of and fulfillment of game day materials, such as game notes, game day inserts, press releases and stat packs.
• Update stats and social media at an accurate and fast pace during home games.
• Contribute feature stories and video projects for usage on the team website.
• Assist with all Adirondack Thunder official social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and evolving platforms such as Snapchat.
• Assist the communications department with the execution of community relations appearances for the team, mascot and staff.
• Monitor and log all media coverage of the Thunder in print, radio, television, online other forms of media.
• Potential availability to cover away games as assigned throughout the season.
• Other Duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Requirements
• This Internship is UNPAID. Applicants must be able to receive course credit. Undergraduate and Graduate students are both welcome to apply.
• Prior writing experience is preferred and a writing background will give an intern a leg up in getting more opportunities.
• Previous content writing and editing experience with a student newspaper or other sports team is preferred.
• All interns should have their own laptops.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
• Ability to multi task and handle different projects at the same time is essential.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram).
• Experience with Adobe Photoshop, Website Management and Video Editing is ideal.
Overview: This position will serve as a member of the team’s marketing staff and will work with the CMO to set the team’s digital media, social media, marketing communications and e-marketing strategies. In addition, this position will manage the implementation of these strategies as well as develop, manage and implement marketing and communication strategies focused on supporting the team’s ticket sales efforts and enhancing the exposure and activation of the team’s corporate partners. The Digital Marketing Manager will also manage the team’s website, social media and design/development of the team’s sales/marketing collateral pieces and digital marketing assets. All efforts will be aimed at increasing revenue while also strengthening the organization’s perception and brand position within the marketplace.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
·Develop, manage and implement the team’s digital marketing and e-marketing strategies.
·Manage and coordinate the team’s digital advertising by working with the CMO.
·Cultivate, manage and maintain the relationship with the team’s digital media marketing partners.
·Manage and enhance the team’s website and online sales vehicles.
·Develop and implement social media and e-marketing strategies aimed at increasing tickets sales and game promotion while also enhancing the team’s brand position and community perception.
·Develop, monitor and manage the team’s in-arena digital assets to ensure fulfillment and brand integrity for both the Swamp Rabbits and team partners.
·Cultivate and maintain strong relationships with arena personnel, particularly in the marketing and digital media areas.
·Collaborate with the ticket sales department to develop effective marketing support for season ticket, group, suite and individual game sales.
·Create and manage all electronic communication from the team to customers, partners and media.
·Manage all collateral material (including season tickets, sales collaterals, pocket schedules, promotional pieces and marketing pieces) production from design conception through production. Includes developing and maintaining relationships with vendors and overseeing the production process.
·Design and produce all print and electronic advertising under the direction of the CMO.
·Work with the CMO to develop enhanced promotional and marketing platforms with media partners, corporate partners and community partners aimed at generating incremental ticket sales and increased awareness and visibility.
·Create, develop and implement communications strategies aimed at fan engagement, fan development and individual game promotion/ticket sales.
Qualifications & Requirements:
·Minimum of two (2) years of experience in digital marketing, advertising, graphic design or related fields.
·Self-motivation & strong work ethic is essential.
·Commitment to teamwork and to fostering a positive culture of collaboration is a must.
·Strong communication, prioritization and organizational skills.
·Excellent problem solving skills and ability to multi-task.
·Ability to analyze report and respond to data and research.
·Ability to succeed in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with an irregular work schedule.
·Ability to manage and work well under pressure.
·Commitment to working nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
·Deep knowledge of CRM/database marketing systems, graphic design programs, website development, video editing, social media platforms and digital advertising necessary.
The Public Relations Intern responsibilities for game night operations are varied, but may include calling opposing teams for game information, writing game stories, updating Facebook/Twitter, keeping game night stats, assisting members of the media, making and distributing press credentials, updating the team website, producing and distributing game night handouts, compiling, copying and distributing press notes, fan correspondence, setting up and breaking down the media entrance and press box, staffing of the press entrance and press box, graphic design and recording postgame interviews.
Office work would include compiling and distributing newspaper clips, organizing digital photos and preparing them for the website/Facebook, writing feature stories for the web and game day handout and updating/interacting with media contacts.
Hours: Part Time.
5-10 hours per game. Hours will vary due to season.
Availability: All homes games and possibly select away games
Any questions should be directed to Matt Johnson at firstname.lastname@example.org
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have experience working in the sports industry? [Yes/No]
2. This job requires working nights, weekends and holidays. Are you able to commit to this schedule? [Yes/No]
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ