Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Mascot Performer (Game Night) Part Time - Worcester Railers HC (Worcester, MA)
Community Relations Coordinator – Worcester Railers HC (Worcester, MA)
The Worcester Railers HC Community Relations Coordinator is responsible for scheduling, managing, and carrying out the community relations activities of the Worcester Railers HC. As a central part of our marketing team, the Community Relations Coordinator will be responsible for all staff, mascot, coach, and player appearances throughout central Massachusetts as well as creating positive relationships throughout the community. The Community Relations Coordinator will be heavily involved with the Worcester Railers Foundation and oversee several community based programs. We are looking for a mature individual who is engaging with youth and excited about community involvement!
VP of Communications and Marketing
• Seek out community events where the Railers can be represented by the mascot, team staff, coaches, and/or players.
• Create events in the community allowing the Railers to be represented as a community partner in central Massachusetts.
• Maintain the events calendar on the Railers website.
• Help create mutually beneficial partnerships with local community groups in Central Massachusetts.
• Manage the team mascot, TRAX, to coordinate and execute effective mascot appearances.
• Work with the Railers coaching staff to coordinate and execute player appearances.
• Facilitate and oversee Railers Foundation donations to local groups and charities.
• Act as a key contact for the Railers relationship with school districts throughout central Massachusetts, with the goal of growing our partnership.
• Work with ticket sales team to generate fundraiser ticket sales through community partnerships.
• Help create and execute the Community Relations business plan.
• Manage the Community Relations annual budget.
• Find, manage, and create grass root marketing events to help drive the Railers brand.
• Manage in-game community activities and other game performing elements.
• Attend all Railers community events and games.
• Ability to generate new ideas and methods to increase efficiency of the Community Relations and Marketing departments.
• Assist the Railers marketing team with other duties, as required.
• Must be able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Able to work a 40-hour week in office, plus all home games and other outside events. Must work flexible hours to include business work week, nights, weekends and holidays.
• Completion of bachelor’s degree.
• Maturity and professionalism in ALL aspects of your workplace relationships.
• Be a self-motivated, high-energy individual with solid communication and interpersonal skills.
• Must be flexible to work evenings and weekends.
• Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills necessary.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Creative and innovative team player with cooperative attitude.
• Exceptional interpersonal and problem solving skills.
• Event Experience and community experienced preferred.
• Computer literate.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
• Valid driver’s license and personal transportation.
Compensation will be based on skills and relevant experience.
Please do not call/email the Worcester Railers about the position. The Railers will contact candidates that fit the position to set up interviews.
The Worcester Railers HC of the ECHL are seeking an enthusiastic, outgoing mascot performer to provide high-energy fun and entertainment as the team’s mascot, TRAX, during all 36 regular season home games as well as any additional post season playoff games. Candidates must possess the following attributes:
Have a minimum of one year experience as a mascot
Be committed to work all 36 home games
Be available and willing to work evenings and weekends
Be athletic and physically fit
Must have experienced ice skating skills
Must be able to work in a costume
Must be able to communicate nonverbally and create spontaneous crowd interaction
Must have a great sense of humor and enjoy interacting with others
Mascot duties include, but are not limited to:
Perform as TRAX at all 36 Railers HC home games
Entertain fans during games with constant interaction
Attend all internal meetings as required
Take on other duties associated with TRAX as the team may reasonably request
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. What mascot experience do you have (be specific)?
2. Are you willing to work every home game?
3. How skilled are you at ice skating?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ