Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Community Relations Executive (Unpaid Internship) - Brampton Beast Hockey Club (Brampton, ON)
» Mascot - Elmira Jackals (Elmira, NY)
» Backup Character Performers - Toledo Walleye (Toledo, OH)
» Promo Team Member - Wheeling Nailers (Wheeling, WV)
Located in Glens Falls, NY and playing at the Glens Falls Civic Center, the Adirondack Thunder, the ECHL Affiliate of the Calgary Flames, are seeking talented individuals to join their Game Night Lobby Sales team. Our Lobby Sales staff will sell programs, yearbooks, and chuck-a-pucks during Thunder home games.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements:
- This position is paid on a per-game basis.
- Sales staff must be able to take inventory, responsibly handle and count cash transactions, complete sales recognition sheets, and sell aggressively.
- Must be able to commit to most, if not all, of 35 Thunder home games. - Any experience working in retail, sales, or sports/entertainment related industries is preferred.
- Need to provide your own transportation to and from all games. Parking will be provided.
No telephone inquiries will be accepted. Please respond to this listing on Teamwork Online or email your resume to Bryan Florkiewicz at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Adirondack Thunder are an equal opportunity employer.
The Brampton Beast are the newest professional hockey team in Canada. After playing their inaugural season as a member of the Central Hockey League (CHL), the Beast are now members of the ECHL after the two AA leagues merged in early October, 2014. The Beast play their home games at the Powerade Centre located in Brampton, Ontario. The team is dedicated and devoted to serving the community while continuing to advance the sport of hockey by providing exciting sports entertainment for a growing fan base. Volunteer, internships, employment opportunities, player career development, youth programs, and small business partnerships are all aspects of the business that the Brampton Beast sustain.
The Brampton Beast Hockey Club is scouting for committed, energetic, and outgoing individuals with a passion for both community relations and hockey. The Community Relations internship provides a learning experience for those looking to develop their knowledge and skills surrounding sports and events business operations, particularly as they relate to developing and maintaining relationships in the community.
The Community Relations intern will be responsible for:
- Identifying opportunities for The Beast to promote themselves in the Community (i.e. Community events)
- Processing, tracking, and the input of donations and community partnerships
- Supporting the planning and execution of all Beast events and game-days
- Assisting in growing the Beast’s profile in surrounding communities (i.e. Mississauga, Caledon, Halton Hills, Orangeville etc.)
- Assisting in silent auction, fundraising, and charitable giving initiatives
- Providing administrative support to the department and the community relations coordinator
- Assisting in youth hockey initiatives and youth programming
- Developing community and grassroots hockey programs
- Assisting in youth hockey sales efforts
- Gaining knowledge of the facility and the Beast organization
- Assisting with set-up and tear-down of equipment and game entertainment needs
- Performing all other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Must be recieving school credit upon completion of the internship program in order to be eligible to participate
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college/university program. Preference will be given to candidates who are currently enrolled in college/university programs relevant to sports/business/management
- Strong verbal/written communication and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Team-oriented nature, with an ability to work in a fast-paced group atmosphere
- Strong interest in engaging the community and non-profit organizations
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Previous experience instructing or teaching hockey with a strong desire to learn about community development efforts
- Access to a vehicle is required
- Demonstrates commitment to the following 10 qualities: integrity, work ethic, positive attitude, results, teamwork, independence, creativity, confidence, leadership, and urgency
Compensation: Unpaid Internship (Expenses will be reimbursed)
The Elmira Jackals are looking for an enthusiastic, friendly, outgoing person to be our mascot, Blade, at all home games, appearances and events.
- Outgoing personality
- Strong work ethic
- Flexibility to work days as well as nights
- Good with kids
- Prior Mascot Experience Preferred
This exciting position will provide the opportunity to work with the community, local organizations, and children. It will also give candidates the experience of working for a professional sports team. This position requires a friendly, pro-active attitude!
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Are you located in or near Elmira, New York?
2. Do you have previous mascot experience?
3. Do you have previous ice skating experience?
4. Are you available to work all Jackals home games?
The Toledo Mud Hens and Toledo Walleye have four great characters: Muddy, Muddonna, Spike and CatTrick! Our character performers portray specific costumed character roles at Toledo sporting events and appearances in the greater Northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan communities. A love of dancing and “clowning around” is a must!
Due to the extensive number of mascot appearances that are scheduled on an annual basis, we are looking for performers to fulfill a backup role when our main performers are unable to attend events.
-Backup performer for home games for the Toledo Walleye Hockey Club and the Toledo Mud Hens Baseball Club.
-Backup performer for community and team appearances as scheduled by the supervisor. This includes but is not limited to sponsors, charities, media, and private functions.
-Portray a positive image in the community representing the team and the organization at all times
1) Ability to troubleshoot situations without delay and act accordingly
2) Strong communication skills, both verbally and non-verbally
3) Ability to analyze and interpret common social expressions
4) Must be well organized and able to meet workload demands
5) Must be able to lift approximately 50 lbs. / Superb physical condition
6) Must be able to work extended amounts of time in costume
7) Friendly, enthusiastic, and outgoing & interacts well with others, especially children
8) Responsible and reliable
9) Ability to work independently and as a team member
10) Flexible Schedule is necessary! Performers are required to work events at all different time periods on a weekly basis
11) Must be able to perform mascot duties in a professional and appropriate manner according to company policies and procedures
12) Previous mascot experience is strongly preferred, but not required. Skating experience is preferred, but not required
**Schedule would vary based on the time of year and our performers' schedules. Office hours are not included.
Please, no phone calls.
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Have you ever been a mascot at the professional or collegiate level?
2. Are you able to work a flexible schedule including some weekdays, weekends, nights, and holidays?
3. Do you have reliable transportation?
The Wheeling Nailers of the ECHL, a proud affiliate of the Pittsburgh Penguins are seeking enthusiastic, detail oriented individuals to support the concourse sales and entertainment efforts of the Wheeling Nailers. This is a part-time position with limited hours and should not be looked to as a primary source of income. There are a very limited number of positions available.
The right individual will have a great personality and an outgoing demeanor. This person should be comfortable in all aspects of our concourse operations and in-arena promotions whether it be selling raffle tickets throughout the arena or leading fans in the "Chicken Dance". Additionally the ideal candidate must take great pride in their work, strong attention to detail, and an outstanding work ethic. Applicant must have a strong skill in basic mathematics and cash handling. Candidates must be able to work in a fast-paced environment, while keeping organized and maintaining high standards in all work.
· Must be a high school graduate or have a G.E.D.
• 18 years of age or older
• Enjoy working in sports and entertainment
• Previous experience with promotions, special events, cheerleading, and performing in front of large audiences
• Sales and marketing experience and willingness to learn
• High energy, cheerful demeanor in all situations
• In good health and physically able to be active in the crowd during home games
• Friendly and engaging with the crowd
• Strong verbal communication skills
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a face paced, ever changing environment with a positive attitude
• Must be able and willing to work on weeknights or on weekends for the 30 regular season home games (and potentially playoffs) as well as for community events
• Time commitment for entire 2015-16 season, plus playoffs, running from September 2015 through May 2016
THIS IS A PART-TIME SEASONAL POSITION
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ