Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Community Relations Executive (Unpaid Internship) - Brampton Beast Hockey Club (Brampton, ON)
Brampton Beast Hockey Club – Brampton, ON
The Brampton Beast are seeking dedicated, enthusiastic people who are passionate about fan engagement and hockey for the 2014- 2015 season. This is an UNPAID role. Community service hours will be provided to those who need it.
About the organization:
The Brampton Beast are a new minor professional hockey club playing out of the Powerade Centre in Brampton, Ontario. The Beast are the most recent addition to the Central Hockey League, and the first Canadian club to join the league. In August, the team announced their affiliation with the Tampa Bay Lightning of the NHL and the Syracuse Crunch of the AHL, and are working closely with the partner clubs to develop elite players.
The volunteer will be responsible for wearing a Mascot costume during Brampton Beast home game. The incumbent will be engaging fans throughout the game, while maintain a positive and interactive atmosphere. This opportunity is a fun way to complete volunteering hours for high school/college. Food and drinks will be provided for FREE!
The ideal candidates will exemplify the following characteristics:
· Minimum height of 5’6
· Customer-service oriented
· Love interacting with kids and families
· Available from 11:30 AM until end of game on Monday Feb 16th
· Passion for sports and/or live events
· Energetic, enthusiastic and fun-loving
· Overall great attitude
The Brampton Beast are the newest professional hockey team in Canada. After playing their inaugural season as a member of the Central Hockey League (CHL), the Beast are now members of the ECHL after the two AA leagues merged in early October, 2014. The Beast play their home games at the Powerade Centre located in Brampton, Ontario. The team is dedicated and devoted to serving the community while continuing to advance the sport of hockey by providing exciting sports entertainment for a growing fan base. Volunteer, internships, employment opportunities, player career development, youth programs, and small business partnerships are all aspects of the business that the Brampton Beast sustain.
The Brampton Beast Hockey Club is scouting for committed, energetic, and outgoing individuals with a passion for both community relations and hockey. The Community Relations internship provides a learning experience for those looking to develop their knowledge and skills surrounding sports and events business operations, particularly as they relate to developing and maintaining relationships in the community.
The Community Relations intern will be responsible for:
- Identifying opportunities for The Beast to promote themselves in the Community (i.e. Community events)
- Processing, tracking, and the input of donations and community partnerships
- Supporting the planning and execution of all Beast events and game-days
- Assisting in growing the Beast’s profile in surrounding communities (i.e. Mississauga, Caledon, Halton Hills, Orangeville etc.)
- Assisting in silent auction, fundraising, and charitable giving initiatives
- Providing administrative support to the department and the community relations coordinator
- Assisting in youth hockey initiatives and youth programming
- Developing community and grassroots hockey programs
- Assisting in youth hockey sales efforts
- Gaining knowledge of the facility and the Beast organization
- Assisting with set-up and tear-down of equipment and game entertainment needs
- Performing all other responsibilities and duties as assigned
- Must currently be enrolled in an accredited college/university program. Preference will be given to candidates who are currently enrolled in college/university programs relevant to sports/business/management
- Strong verbal/written communication and customer service skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Team-oriented nature, with an ability to work in a fast-paced group atmosphere
- Strong interest in engaging the community and non-profit organizations
- Proficient in MS Office applications
- Previous experience instructing or teaching hockey with a strong desire to learn about community development efforts
- Access to a vehicle is required
- Demonstrates commitment to the following 10 qualities: integrity, work ethic, positive attitude, results, teamwork, independence, creativity, confidence, leadership, and urgency
Compensation: Unpaid Internship (Expenses will be reimbursed)
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ