Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Graphic Designer - Tulsa Oilers (Tulsa, OK)
» Corporate Partnerships Service Manager - Wheeling Nailers (Wheeling, WV)
» Director of Game Operations/Graphic Designer - Wichita Thunder (Wichita, KS)
» Director of Community Relations - Wichita Thunder (Wichita, KS)
Seasonal Multimedia Intern
- Take photographs and videos of team functions, both on and off the ice.
- Film game footage and post-game interviews for compilation on the team’s YouTube channel and website.
- Cut highlights, put together feature video projects and create and edit promotional clips and videos for team events, both on and off the ice.
- Assist in the creation of promotional flyers and materials for various Thunder related events.
- Assist with the design, layout and appearance of the team’s webpage and social media platforms.
- Assist with Marketing promotions as necessary.
Qualifications, Skills and Requirements
- This Internship is UNPAID
- Undergraduate & Graduate students, as well as recent college graduates are both welcome to apply.
- All interns should have their own laptops.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills are a must.
- Ability to multi task and handle different projects at the same time is essential.
- Experience with Final Cut or iMovie. Proficiency is preferred.
- General Experience with Adobe Photoshop and Adobe InDesign.
- Previous experience working with sports video or photography is preferred.
Position Summary: The Graphic Designer is responsible for generating custom creative work for all digital and print needs of the Tulsa Oilers, including design and layout for e-newsletters, websites, social media graphics, and sales collateral pieces.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create graphic design elements for e-newsletters, website, social media and special event promotions
- Use Adobe Creative Suite and Cloud to generate custom designs for use on social media, websites, and special events
- Work alongside the Corporate Partnerships & Marketing VP's to ensure all graphics and marketing needs are executed effectively and efficiently
- Proofs all materials in an accurate manner, delivering high-quality, on-time and error-free drafts
- Communicates with outside print vendors, relaying specifications for production
- Assist in updating social media accounts
- Work as an integral part of the marketing department
- Work within a team environment to achieve common team sales goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1-3 years of proven graphic design experience preferably from a sports and entertainment entity
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, and interpersonal skills to manage and work well with different personalities
- Creative, energetic and proactive mentality
- Highly organized, quick learner and ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. HTML knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of print production and the pre-press process
- Ability to learn and master new software programs as necessary
- High level of demonstrated professionalism and integrity
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays as required
- Comfortable yet energetic in the creative process
- Action-oriented and able to work independently, as well as within a team
- Capable of working on and managing multiple design projects at a given time and executing quickly
- Detail-oriented, especially under deadline pressure
- Highly creative, with a balance of strategic vision and day-to-day productivity
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized and communicative
- Works well under pressure
- Positive attitude
Job Title: Corporate Partnerships Service Manager
Reports To: Vice President of Business Operations
Status: Full Time
Availability: Monday through Friday + available to work all home games.
Other Events required as necessary in on-site/off-site team and company functions.
The Corporate Partnerships Coordinator is directly responsible for the implementation of all sponsorship based sales. They are responsible for execution of contracts and client relations for both sponsors and select group events with the collaboration of the Vice President of Business Operations. The position with respect to the client(s) is to deliver great marketing and promotional value and at the same time deliver a great hospitality experience, thus enhancing the relationship with our partners. They are viewed by our sponsors as a trusted, loyal, dedicated person that handles their account. This individual will work directly with the Vice President of Business Operations to develop implement an action plan for all sponsorship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sponsor Materials
This position is directly responsible for gaining and developing all sponsor related items required to complete the execution on a contracted sale.
- Specific examples include but are not limited to:
• Acquiring logos, advertising pages, radio spots, etc.
• Inventory control on all items.
• Ordering promotional items, printed materials for signage both operational as well as sponsorship driven signage.
• Maintain purchases for department in a purchase order log.
2. Proof of Performance
Develop and design proof of performance pieces for all sponsorship clients.
These booklets include but are not limited to:
• Photographic proof of all contracted items.
• Proof of all of the locations internally and externally that we have promoted the client or client sponsored event.
3. Client Service
Ensure that we are providing partners proper level of client service and support in order to maximize the sale of sponsorships & tickets and return on investment for corporate & group partners.
Specific examples include but are not limited to:
• Manage the fulfillment of partnership elements.
• Regular contact with clients.
• Ensure a smooth transition is made for all new partners.
Breakdown all corporate client’s contracts and insure execution of each element is executed correctly. Our goal is to make working with us a pleasure for our clients.
4. Demonstrate the ability to balance multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively and frequently in a flexible and quick moving environment.
5. Participate in staff meetings, department meetings as determined by Vice President of Business Operations
6. Be a team player among all employees
- BA/BS (Business, Marketing, Communications, Sport Management preferred).
- Experience in a sports/entertainment/media environment preferred.
- Effective telephone and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to highest level of customer service.
The Wichita Thunder, proud affiliate of the Ottawa Senators, is seeking an energetic, professional, and self-motivated person who has a passion for sports and graphic design. The Thunder play at the $220M facility INTRUST Bank Arena – the best facility in the ECHL.
The primary function of this position is to produce the strategic plans and oversee the execution of game-day presentation in coordination with the management group, as well as all graphic design work for the Thunder. This position will also be responsible for working with all advertising partners to ensure proper and timely messaging is delivered as well as new business development for group sales.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
· Manage and execute the game-day strategy
· Coordinate the development of in-game promotions
· Develop game-day script, video and music, including the creation of all Video board/LED Ribbon board graphics and commercials
· Oversee and execute the game-day production
· Effectively communicate the brand values of the Wichita Thunder
· Implement all corporate elements for successful game and promotion presentation
· Customize sales deck for large partnership pitches/recaps
· Create ads, graphics and graphic templates for traditional, social and digital media
· Work alongside the Marketing team to ensure all graphics and marketing needs are executed effectively and efficiently
· Work with the Sales Team to ensure all groups and experience packages are managed properly
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
· Prior Graphic Design Experience/ Sales Experience Preferred
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
· Ability to work flexible hours and all home games (including nights and weekends)
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have Graphic Design experience?
2. Do you have Game Operations experience?
3. Are you willing to relocate?
Director of Community Relations - Wichita Thunder (Wichita, KS)
The Wichita Thunder is seeking an energetic, professional, and self-motivated person who has a passion for sports and community involvement. The Thunder play at the $220M state of the art facility INTRUST Bank Arena – the nicest facility in the ECHL.
This position will oversee all activities of Community Relations, including several charitable foundations. The manager will also be responsible for managing all player and mascot appearances.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
· Oversee the planning and execution for all community relations events and ensure that events receive media coverage
· Foster relationships with current charitable partners and generate new partners
· Uphold both the organization's and the department's mission and core values in all programs
· Spearhead fundraising opportunities with 501(c)3 organizations
· Ensure all charitable donation requests are fulfilled in a timely, professional manner
· Ensure accurate, current player and mascot appearance database is maintained through the year
· Create and manage cultural outreach and public service programs
· Liaise with coworkers to create a season long calendar of events and activations
· 1-2 years of community relations experience
· Bachelor’s Degree required; major in Communication, Journalism, Public Relations, or other related degree
· Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to work flexible hours (including nights and weekends)
· Expertise in using social media platforms professional, including, but not limited to Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn
· Ability to work independently and meet deadlines, as well as being a team player in a collaborative team environment
· Understanding local community and market
1.) Do you have community relations experience, if yes please explain.
2.) Are you willing to relocate?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ