Current available jobs in Marketing:
» Director of Game Operations - Indy Fuel (Indianapolis, IN)
» Graphic Designer - Tulsa Oilers (Tulsa, OK)
» Director of Game Operations/Graphic Designer - Wichita Thunder (Wichita, KS)
The Greenville Swamp Rabbits are seeking a Graphic Designer that will assist in the design and production of a wide range of projects – from game signage to advertising to emails. The primary focus of this position will be to support the marketing department in any and all areas of graphic design. In addition, this position will be responsible for the administrative needs in the office.
·Design and create print material to be used by the sales staff
·Create game day video board graphics
·Assist in the creation of social media graphics
·Design advertisements to be used in traditional and digital marketing
·Assist in the management of social media accounts
·Generate new ideas for marketing the team through various digital channels
·Handle all needed Fed Ex shipments and mailings
Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
·Coordinate Owner’s travel arrangements including hotel accommodations, the use of his suite along with food and beverage order
·Manage the hospitality for other special guest appearances
Ensure operation of copier equipment by calling for repairs; ordering ink and maintaining equipment inventories
·Schedule and organize activities such as meetings, travel, conferences and department activities for all members of the department
·Other duties as assigned
·Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Graphic Design/Visual Arts preferred
·1 year of related work experience
·Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
·Practice of elements and principles of design. Understand color theory, shape, space, and typography.
·Understanding of photographic composition
·Ability to work closely within a team and independently
·Passion for hockey a plus
·Demonstrated experience in print design with layout for sales and marketing collateral
·Demonstrated experience in web design with layout for email, web and social media graphics
·Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays as required
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have a portfolio/link that you can share?
2. Do you have at least one year of experience with Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat, After Effects)?
3. What are your salary expectations?
Under the club’s Chief Operating Officer, the Indy Fuel’s Director of Game Operations will be the go-to person for organizing and overseeing the execution of all aspects of the “game day” and “show” elements for the team’s 36 home games at Indiana Farmers Coliseum. In addition, they will organize events such as pre-game/intermission activities and promotions, other game day show and promotional activities and ancillary events such as news conferences, fan and sponsor activities. They will also work closely with Ticketing, Corporate Sponsorships, Marketing, and Community Relations/promotional staff to assist with planning and execution of their events, as required.
ABOUT THE FUEL
Heading into the organization’s third ECHL season, the Indy Fuel serve as the proud “AA” affiliate of the NHL’s Chicago Blackhawks and the AHL’s Rockford IceHogs. The Fuel play all home games at the historic Indiana Farmers Coliseum on the Indiana State Fairgrounds.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Organizing and overseeing the execution of game-day elements for all home games, events, media, and other as assigned
- Create detailed game day “run of show” scripts for all media, production, and emcee staff including Public Address Announcer and in-arena emcee
- Must ensure that all commitments to sponsors and internal and external resources are met
- Create, negotiate, and manage budgets for game day and other events.
- Communicate with Indiana Farmers Coliseum staff on run of show, needs, and logistics of games and events
- Work closely with game day staff to make sure all pre-game, in-game, and post game elements are set up and properly organized
- Manage and assist with all pre-game, in-game, and post-game set up and tear down
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by COO
TRAINING, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Minimum 2 years of Game Day Operations Management experience
- Required to perform duties with limited supervision and will be required to make significant independent decisions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling multiple tasks at once.
- Excellent organizational and time managements skills are required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and coaching skills
- Computer skills including high level proficiency in MS Office applications
- Must commit to working long and unusual hours, including evenings, weekends and holidays
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.
If interested, please send your resume, cover letter, and references to Larry McQueary at LMcQueary@indyfuelhockey.com
Position Summary: The Graphic Designer is responsible for generating custom creative work for all digital and print needs of the Tulsa Oilers, including design and layout for e-newsletters, websites, social media graphics, and sales collateral pieces.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create graphic design elements for e-newsletters, website, social media and special event promotions
- Use Adobe Creative Suite and Cloud to generate custom designs for use on social media, websites, and special events
- Work alongside the Corporate Partnerships & Marketing VP's to ensure all graphics and marketing needs are executed effectively and efficiently
- Proofs all materials in an accurate manner, delivering high-quality, on-time and error-free drafts
- Communicates with outside print vendors, relaying specifications for production
- Assist in updating social media accounts
- Work as an integral part of the marketing department
- Work within a team environment to achieve common team sales goals
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum 1-3 years of proven graphic design experience preferably from a sports and entertainment entity
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, and interpersonal skills to manage and work well with different personalities
- Creative, energetic and proactive mentality
- Highly organized, quick learner and ability to multitask and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite. HTML knowledge a plus
- Knowledge of print production and the pre-press process
- Ability to learn and master new software programs as necessary
- High level of demonstrated professionalism and integrity
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays as required
- Comfortable yet energetic in the creative process
- Action-oriented and able to work independently, as well as within a team
- Capable of working on and managing multiple design projects at a given time and executing quickly
- Detail-oriented, especially under deadline pressure
- Highly creative, with a balance of strategic vision and day-to-day productivity
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Highly organized and communicative
- Works well under pressure
- Positive attitude
The Wichita Thunder, proud affiliate of the Ottawa Senators, is seeking an energetic, professional, and self-motivated person who has a passion for sports and graphic design. The Thunder play at the $220M facility INTRUST Bank Arena – the best facility in the ECHL.
The primary function of this position is to produce the strategic plans and oversee the execution of game-day presentation in coordination with the management group, as well as all graphic design work for the Thunder. This position will also be responsible for working with all advertising partners to ensure proper and timely messaging is delivered as well as new business development for group sales.
Summary of Essential Job Functions:
· Manage and execute the game-day strategy
· Coordinate the development of in-game promotions
· Develop game-day script, video and music, including the creation of all Video board/LED Ribbon board graphics and commercials
· Oversee and execute the game-day production
· Effectively communicate the brand values of the Wichita Thunder
· Implement all corporate elements for successful game and promotion presentation
· Customize sales deck for large partnership pitches/recaps
· Create ads, graphics and graphic templates for traditional, social and digital media
· Work alongside the Marketing team to ensure all graphics and marketing needs are executed effectively and efficiently
· Work with the Sales Team to ensure all groups and experience packages are managed properly
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills
· Prior Graphic Design Experience/ Sales Experience Preferred
· Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
· Ability to work flexible hours and all home games (including nights and weekends)
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have Graphic Design experience?
2. Do you have Game Operations experience?
3. Are you willing to relocate?
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ