Current available jobs in Sponsorship Sales & Service:
» Director, Corporate Sales & Service - Tulsa Oilers (Tulsa, OK)
» Client Services Coordinator - Wheeling Nailers (Wheeling, WV)
PLEASE NOTE* After you submit an applicant through Teamwork Online for this position, you will be redirected to also apply on our Comcast Spectacor Careers page. If you do not apply on CS Careers, your application for the position will not be considered.
Summary: This position is responsible for solicitation and execution of Advertising, Sponsorship, and Corporate Partnership sales on behalf of a Portland (ME)-based ECHL Hockey sports franchise, the Maine Mariners. Basic functions include the extensive sales, development, and servicing of corporate sponsorship and partnerships while maintaining high levels of client service.
- Responsible for prospecting, selling, cultivating and maintaining new corporate sponsorships, advertising and corporate partnerships for the franchise
- Responsible for making cold calls & for cash and budget-relieving trade sales presentations for the organization
- Responsible for overseeing and coordinating all aspects of corporate partnership fulfillment for his/her clients as well as ensuring that all department fulfillment is handled
- Responsible for providing sales reports and updates
- Responsible for creating season recap of season for partners, if requested
- Responsible for servicing all corporate sponsorships through various means including, but not limited to, direct contact and Partner gatherings
- Responsible for the creation of sales proposals and presentations for potential Partners
- Responsible for creating and implementing new ideas and opportunities that will help drive Partnership revenue for the team and venue
- Responsible for working with the ticket sales and marketing departments on opportunities to cross sell Partners
- Responsible for tracking prospective sales and inventory throughout the season
- Responsible for working and attending team events, promotions, venue events and Spectra events
- Responsible for cultivating and building a good working relationship with different personnel and departments with the team
- Other duties as assigned by Vice President of Spectra Partnerships and Director of Partnerships for venue
- Minimum of 3+ years in sales with extensive sponsorship sales experience; industry experience strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills
- Has advertiser contacts and relationships in Portland (ME) market, or the ability to pro-actively secure these contacts and relationships through door-to-door, face-to-face interaction
- Demonstrates or has prior advertising/sponsorship experience/knowledge of local corporate market and/or industry
- Bachelor’s degree or better from an accredited college or university
- Proficiency with data processing and ALL MS Office applications (including Power Point, Word and Excel)
- Ability to work nights, all events, weekends, events and holidays as required
- Ability to work independently both efficiently and effectively
- Ability to handle multiple projects
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER
Note: This position was originally posted on the Comcast-Spectacor employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Comcast-Spectacor employment site.
Support and help to drive the on-boarding and execution of corporate partnership sales
Develop and manage prospect pipeline for respective areas of business
Build and maintain proposals, solution-oriented presentations, and other sales materials
Manage event hospitality for department needs
Administrative functions as necessary
Education and Experience
1-3 years of experience within the sports industry or a related field
Desire to learn the sponsorship sales process and grow into a sales professional in the sports industry
High-energy, self-starter with a solution-oriented mindset
Exceptional presentation skills
Superior organization, project management skills and attention to detail
High level of commitment to quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance
Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, team environment
Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate, both written and verbally
Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Detail-oriented with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines with minimal supervision
Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
The Corporate Partnerships Coordinator is directly responsible for the implementation of all sponsorship based sales. They are responsible for execution of contracts and client relations for both sponsors and select group events with the collaboration of the corporate sales represe
ntatives. The position with respect to the client(s) is to deliver great marketing and promotional value and at the same time deliver a great hospitality experience, thus enhancing the relationship with our partners. They are viewed by our sponsors as a trusted, loyal, dedicated person that handles their account. This individual will work directly with the client’s sales representative to develop and implement an action plan for all sponsorship.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sponsor Materials – This position is directly responsible for gaining and developing all sponsor related items required to complete the execution on a contracted sale.
2. Proof of Performance – Develop and design proof of performance pieces for all sponsorship clients.
3. Client Service – Ensure that we are providing partners proper level of client service and support in order to maximize the sale of sponsorships & tickets and return on investment for corporate & group partners.
4. Game Operations – Coordinate the planning of game operations, making sure that all sponsored elements and promotions are run.
5. Demonstrate the ability to balance multiple projects, meet deadlines and communicate effectively and frequently in a flexible and quick moving environment.
6. Service trade and house accounts.
7. Participate in staff meetings and other meetings as determined necessary.
8. Be a team player among all employees
- BA/BS (Business, Marketing, Communications, Sport Management preferred).
- Experience in a sports/entertainment/media environment preferred.
- Effective telephone and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Commitment to highest level of customer service.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ