» Head Athletic Trainer - Elmira Jackals (Elmira, NY)
» Future Notification Only - ECHL and its Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Elmira Jackals, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres and AHL's Rochester Americans, are currently accepting applications for internships for the 2016-17 season.
This internship will require a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week, in addition to game nights and special events. Exact work schedule will be handled individually. The internship will run roughly from October to mid-April.
Intern characteristics desired:
• Posses strong organizational and communication skills
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office and social networks (any other special program / software usage is a plus)
• Have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
The departments listed below are the available areas for internship positions. They include a brief description of a few of the aspects of the departments’ duties for the season:
1. Database management – adding new leads (kids club members, raffle contestants), research / reporting on individual’s spending habits
2. Creating various ticket promotions for the Jackals season
3. Box office management – window sales, handle incoming calls, general customer service
4. Merchandise inventory and management
Corporate / Sponsorship Sales:
1. Sponsorship fulfillment – making sure sponsors receive everything their deal entails
2. Corporate events – managing tables, representing the organization in the corporate world, obtain perspective client through lead generation
3. Client Networking - cold calling, off site and on site sales presentations to perspective clients
1. Research prospective groups for the sales staff
2. Creating logistics surrounding a “special” group night such as theme, marketing, sales strategy
3. Assisting a group sales staff member directly with various tasks in order to make a smooth transaction for the group leaders – creating flyers, dropping off tickets, etc.
1. Research daily media clips regarding team, arena, players
2. Assist with all marketing activities with a focus on our social media, email marketing and website
3. Community events – managing tables and mascot appearances, representing the organization in community, lead generation
Along with the above internship opportunities, there are many times throughout the season where all of our interns will collaborate on projects for the entire organization allowing for a broad experience in various areas of our organization.
** Financial compensation is not available. **
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Which internship department(s) most interests you? 2. What date would you be available to begin the internship? 3. Will you be taking this internship for credit?
1. Which internship department(s) most interests you?
2. What date would you be available to begin the internship?
3. Will you be taking this internship for credit?
The Elmira Jackals of the ECHL are seeking candidates for the position of Head Athletic Trainer.
Duties and Responsibilities-
In this position, you will be directly responsible for all duties ordinarily associated with and performed by an athletic trainer in the ECHL.
- Maintain a detailed budget on excel spreadsheet for Athletic training and any other approved job-related expenses.
-Keep detailed medical logs and files on players including medication, therapy and appointments.
- Prepare for and organize every road and home game.
- Communicate to Director of Hockey Operations and Head Coach daily who cannot practice or play due to injury.
-Communicate injury notes on a daily basis on players that travel up to organization team partners, especially AHL contracted players.
- Communicate to all players treatment times and doctor appointments; demand that they are on time and following their rehabilitation plan.
- During games let the Head Coach know if a player is returning or not from injury.
- Make sure the officials and visiting locker rooms for home games meet league standards.
- Attend all team practices, exhibition, regular season and playoff games – this includes all road games.
- Exhibit the highest level of personal and professional integrity and ethics and serve as a true team player
- Exhibit the level of professionalism expected.
- Employee may be asked to perform physical activities corresponding to the functions listed above including lifting and moving boxes, tables, loading and unloading of team bus etc.
- Reflect a professional style at the rink and beyond. This includes professional attire and a professional attitude understanding that you represent the team in everything that you do.
Education and Experience-
Bachelor’s Degree in Athletic Training required. Qualified candidates must have BOC certification as an athletic trainer, and First Aid/CPR certified.
Previous hockey experience required.
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with ECHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ