» Future Notification Only - ECHL and its Teams (Various Locations, NA)
The Elmira Jackals, ECHL affiliate of the NHL's Buffalo Sabres and AHL's Rochester Americans, are currently accepting applications for internships for the 2016-17 season.
This internship will require a minimum commitment of 20 hours per week, in addition to game nights and special events. Exact work schedule will be handled individually. The internship will run roughly from October to mid-April.
Intern characteristics desired:
• Posses strong organizational and communication skills
• Be proficient in Microsoft Office and social networks (any other special program / software usage is a plus)
• Have the ability to work independently and demonstrate initiative
• Able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize
The departments listed below are the available areas for internship positions. They include a brief description of a few of the aspects of the departments’ duties for the season:
1. Database management – adding new leads (kids club members, raffle contestants), research / reporting on individual’s spending habits
2. Creating various ticket promotions for the Jackals season
3. Box office management – window sales, handle incoming calls, general customer service
4. Merchandise inventory and management
Corporate / Sponsorship Sales:
1. Sponsorship fulfillment – making sure sponsors receive everything their deal entails
2. Corporate events – managing tables, representing the organization in the corporate world, obtain perspective client through lead generation
3. Client Networking - cold calling, off site and on site sales presentations to perspective clients
1. Research prospective groups for the sales staff
2. Creating logistics surrounding a “special” group night such as theme, marketing, sales strategy
3. Assisting a group sales staff member directly with various tasks in order to make a smooth transaction for the group leaders – creating flyers, dropping off tickets, etc.
1. Research daily media clips regarding team, arena, players
2. Assist with all marketing activities with a focus on our social media, email marketing and website
3. Community events – managing tables and mascot appearances, representing the organization in community, lead generation
Along with the above internship opportunities, there are many times throughout the season where all of our interns will collaborate on projects for the entire organization allowing for a broad experience in various areas of our organization.
** Financial compensation is not available. **
When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Which internship department(s) most interests you? 2. What date would you be available to begin the internship? 3. Will you be taking this internship for credit?
1. Which internship department(s) most interests you?
2. What date would you be available to begin the internship?
3. Will you be taking this internship for credit?
If you would like to be notified of positions in the future with ECHL teams, please press "apply" below and fill out the entire application. Make sure your email is correct and you check off the notification boxes, otherwise we cannot send you job notifications. Once you receive notification of a job, you must come back to the site to reapply. Entering your record here does not make you an applicant to any position and is not viewable by any team. If you need to update, edit, modify or delete your record, please go to “My Account-TeamWork Online” above and put in your email address and password.
Click here to view all other job opportunities on this board.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ