The Team President (“President”) reports directly to the Chief Financial Officer (“CFO”) and Chairman (“Chair”).
The Team President acts as a direct liaison between and communicates to the CFO on behalf of Key Management personnel as defined below.
The Team President is the principal sponsorship salesperson for the organization and is expected to generate the vast majority of team’s sponsorship revenue.
The Team President is responsible for leading the development and execution of the Organization’s short-term strategy with a view to creating the Organization’s value.
The Team President is to ensure fiduciary responsibility, to maximize profit and return through the overall management of the business and staff while managing the budget with extreme fiscal rigor so that expenditures of the business operations are within the authorized annual budget of the Organization.
The Team President monitors and reports any discrepancies and potential principal risks to the CFO and Chair to ensure that these risks are being monitored and managed.
The Team President leadership role also entails being ultimately accountable for the Key Management Personnel who perform all day-to-day functions who make decisions and implements the Organization’s short-term plans.
The Team President acts as the Alternate Governor for the Team for the ECHL and is responsible to manage business and league relationships, reporting and implementation of league guidelines and best practices.
The Team President with direction of the CFO and Chairman- acts as day-to-day liaison with the Arena, Sports Commission, Chamber of Commerce, other Professional Sports Teams and city / county leadership.
Key Management - Direct Authority - Personnel Positions:
· Director of Ticket Sales
· Ticket Sales Account Executives
· Director of Sponsorship Fulfillment
· Director of Community and Youth Hockey Relations
· Director of Digital, Media and Game Operations
· Team Broadcaster and Media Manager
· Office & Human Resource Manager
· Office Interns
· Game Day Staff & Off-Ice Officials*
· Director of Street & Inline Hockey*
· Head Coach & Director of Hockey Operations
· Assistant Coach
· Equipment Manager
· Assistant Equipment Manager*
· Locker Room Assistants*
· Head Athletic Trainer*
· Team Doctors*
· Video Coach*
· Performance Coach*
· Hockey Ops Assistant / Analytics*
The Duties and Responsibilities of the Team President include the following:
· Providing coherent leadership of the Organization, including, representing the Organization to customers, suppliers, government, employees, the community and the public;
· To lead and oversee the implementation of the Organization’s short-term plans in accordance with its business strategy;
· To ensure the Organization is appropriately organized and staffed and to have authority to hire and terminate staff as approved by the CFO and Chair to achieve the approved Organizational strategy;
· To develop personnel by establishing short-term goals to meet the Organization’s needs. Continually update their skills, knowledge and familiarity with the Organization to fulfill their role as a whole to enhance the overall effectiveness as a team. Ensure the performance of personnel is evaluated at least once a year by recognizing the strengths and weaknesses. Where appropriate, propose the new employees be appointed to the Organization and/or seek resignation of others.
· To ensure effective internal controls and management information systems are in place;
· To keep abreast of all material undertakings and activities of the Organization and all material external factors affecting the Organization and to ensure that processes and systems are in place to ensure that the President & General Manager is adequately informed;
· To ensure that the Organization has appropriate systems to enable it to conduct its activities both lawfully and ethically;
· To ensure that the Organization maintains high standards of corporate citizenship and social responsibility wherever it does business;
· To abide by specific internally established control systems and authorities, to lead by personal example and encourage all employees.
· To conduct activities in accordance with all applicable laws and the Organization’s standards and policies, including its environmental, safety and health policies;
· Any other duties relating to the Organization, which will enhance the overall financial wellbeing of the Organization as reasonably, directed by the CFO and Chair.
Key Result Areas specific to Duties and Responsibilities:
· Business Management & Operations
· Financial (Internal Records, Reports)
· Short-Term Budget Planning & Analysis
· Client & Fan Base Development
· Community Outreach Marketing
· Sales – Corporate, Group & Individual – Season, Partials & Plans
· Database Marketing
· Media Planning & Placement
· Proof of Performance
· Public Relations
· Arena Atmosphere
· Ticket Operations
Characteristics / Qualifications
· Bachelor’s Degree in marketing or related field from an accredited college or university; MBA preferred.
· A minimum of 5-10 years of previous sports-related sales and account management experience required.
· Sales driven.
· Enthusiastic communicator and professional listener.
· Detailed to delegate - follow through and hold themselves and others accountable.
· Possess a solid business knowledge of general business and accounting,
· Be a common sense negotiator (understanding the limits of general arena partnerships).
· Knowledge and experience in hockey operations would be beneficial.
· Experience in managing in the entertainment industry or in a sports-oriented organization is required. The candidate must be committed to building a world-class operation in both business and team performance.
· Must have proven experience in working cooperatively with management, success at managing staff, and be an effective communicator preferably having experience in public speaking and interaction with the media.
· Ability to identify and evaluate strategic opportunities.
· Ability to develop and grow business/brand plans and strategic/ticketing plans.
· Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
· Presents self in professional manner and have ability to interact with all levels of organization and outside contacts.
· Strong computer skills – including all Microsoft Office software programs.
· Ability to work extended hours including nights, weekends, holidays.
· Ability to attend company events, all home games.
· Ability to travel as needed.
· Self-starter and entrepreneurial spirit with a hands-on approach towards business.
· Demonstrated dedication with the ability to oversee projects from origin through execution.
· Willingness to learn and should be able to flourish in a high growth, dynamic environment.
· Effective communication skills, both oral and written.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.
Contact the TeamWorkOnline webmaster / FAQ